Friday, May 28, 2010

A Happy Easter

Went up to Rocklands over the Easter weekend with Marijus.Woody and a few other Cape boulderers were also up there but I was suprised not to see more.
We arrived on Thursday night,set up camp and then it was time to rest for some bouldering the next day.
Woke up to another warm day in Rocklands so decided it would be best to chill during the day and take advantage of the cooler late afternoon temps.I started out on Weichei which I have a long story to tell about but that will come when I send it on my trip.As usuall, I failed so moped on over to try my luck on Black Velvet.Was a bit worried to try it as I had tried it one evening on my December trip and after a few goes strained my flexor tendon in ring finger.This happened due to the fact that my pinky slipped off the crimp during the dyno motion placing shitloads of force directly onto my ring finger.Wasnt pleasant.
Once I got there I saw Robbie and Duncan trying Minki ext which is just to the left of Black Velvet.I waited for them to have a rest so I could borrow some of there pads and turns out they had a cool video camera so they said they would film my attempts.
I ended up sending and was really happy as this was my 1st 8A and a really good one too.Thanks to all for the video and editing etc.

I also managed to send Jaws 7c up at the Dihedral Boulders the same weekend.Did it 1st go of the day after trying it in far from ideal conditions in December with a fucked finger.So all in all a pretty good weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment